i have recently developed into what i would like to dub my own awakening. after years of emotional hardship and struggle, i truly feel that i understand not the world or life, but myself and my place within my self, my body and spirit, and the world.
much of this i can chalk up to eckhart tolle and his book the power of now, written and published in 1999. This book literally changed my life. like my whole life, not just for a second, but the track of my existence. tolle spoke to me like no one else on this planet has before. you could say, yes, i caught the tolle kool-aid bug, yes, you could say i am preaching or dabbling in psycho-babble.
but i promise you, from the bottom of my heart, this truly, very genuinely changed my mind, my heart, my life, my conceptualization of the world, meaning, the happenings of life, i could go on forever. but instead, you could read tolle’s book, and have a much more graceful, productive and moving experience, as i cannot begin to touch his ability to articulate and relay his thesis.
so, in light of this change, the following quotes also changed my perception, as they channelled me to a place where i was open and accepting and ready to read tolle’s book, and i would like to share these now. i have cited those that i found with a citation. the others i found simply floating around the instagram ether, noteless.
so here you are. simple quotes, simple love, simple mindedness.
- trust the timing of your life.
- paradise is not a place; it is a state of consciousness. ~sri chinmoy
- there is always, always something to be grateful for.
- knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. ~aristotle
- nature is my religion. and the earth is my church.
- when you screw up, skip a workout, eat bad foods, or sleep in, it doesn’t mean you are a bad person. it makes you human. welcome to the club. there are seven billion of us.
- don’t let yourself be controlled by these things: people, money, past experiences.
- the distance between dreams and reality if called action.
- you want love? be love. you want light? be light. that’s all.
- birth place: earth. race: human. politics: freedom. religion: love.
- today i refuse to stress about that which i cannot change. ~ prince ea
- peace is the result of re-training your mind to process life as it is rather than (how) you think it should be.
- you don’t always need a plan. sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens. the universe will guide and take care of you. trust.
- for what it’s worth, it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. i hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you are not, i hope you have the strength to start over. ~ f. scott fitzgerald
- smile. you don’t own all the problems in the world.
- accept yourself as you are. and that is the most difficult thing in the world, because it goes against your training, education, your culture. from the very beginning you have been told how you should be. nobody has ever told you that you are as good as you are. ~ osho
- this morning, let go of everything you didn’t do right, the negative things people have said, and focus on all you are becoming.
- just remember, in case your mind is playing tricks on you today. you matter. you’re important. you’re loved. and your presence on this earth makes a difference, whether you see it or not.
- today, wake up and decide you’re going to be as happy as a puppy with a lavendar flowercrown.
- one year from today, what will you regret doing right now? go ahead, do it, …and skip the regret.
- strength doesn’t come from what you can do. it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.
- born wild.
- we are stars wrapped in skin – the light you are seeking has always been within.
- the secret to having it all is realizing you already do.
- most humans are never fully present in the now, because they unconsciously believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. but then you miss your whole life, which is never not now. ~ eckhart tolle
- the meaning of life is to just be alive. it is so plain and so obvious and so simple and yet everyone rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves. ~ alan watts
- a beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset. when you wake up, take a second to think about what a privilege it is to simply be alive and healthy. the moment you start acting like life is a blessing, i assure you it will start to feel like one.
- mindfulness: being present without judgment in every moment.