in my transition from graduation into my pursuit of an official career and salaried job position, my nerves have been high, as one might imagine, and my energy, the energy in my heart and my soul, has been just zapped. in my life, i have never felt this greatly taxed and emotionally and personally exhausted. it’s as if i can only continue to run, to pursue my next step, and that i cannot stop to breath or allow myself time to relax and take a breath. and when i do, i don’t feel relaxed. it’s quite the paradox. so, in the mix of all these things ebbing and flowing in my life, i have been having the hardest time relaxing. the coping methods and tactics i’ve once used- watching tv, taking a hike, sitting in the sun, being by myself, reading a book- no longer render a similar sense or any relaxation. in fact, i feel the same, if not even more stressed and unable to relax.
i know that i am not alone in such sentiments, so i took some time to investigate possible coping and relieving methods for myself, one of which is linked below.
One Minute Of Belly Breathing
• Sit quietly and comfortably in a chair, settle in, and feel your pelvic bones.
• Lengthen your spine. Lift, release, and relax your shoulders.
• Feel your feet flat on the floor.
• Place your hands on your belly.
• Follow the rise and fall of the breath.
• Let the belly rise on the in breath.
• Let the belly fall on the out breath.
• Allow the sides of your rib cage to expand and contract just like an accordion.
• Let go of any tension on the out breath.
• Remember that every out breath is an opportunity to let go and relax.
• Enjoy the feeling of calm energy.